Re: [Xen-users] Clustering

Hmm these sorts of architectures are possible.
It's worth looking at the work done by the TMEM guys on the xen-devel list.
Technologies exist to mke the latency not such a big deal, for
instance RDMA over Infiniband or SGI's interconnect Numalink.
We are still a few years off having this sort of capability but it is
by no means impossible, just difficult and less efficient than running
multiple machines at this time because of the really complex locking
and sheduling that would need to be in place.

Hope that helps.
Joseph.

On 7 April 2011 06:33, Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6 Apr 2011, at 21:30, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> BTW, they are offering you a VM with 64 cores:
>>
>> no, they are not.
>>
>> that's a video showing you how to "Build a 64-core cluster in under 10
>> minutes".  that could be a cluster of 16 VMs with 4 cores each.  it's
>> not a single VM
>>
> Aah marketing!

Kind regards,
Joseph.