Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.1 questions / issues on Debian Squeeze

To: Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.1 questions / issues on Debian Squeeze
From: Ward Vandewege <ward@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:43:31 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 08:44:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 01:45:17PM +0100, Ian Tobin wrote:
> Since upgrading im having problems with the new version.
> 3)     When I create a linux guest I cannot connect to the console
>
> xl create testserver1 -c
>
> Parsing config file testserver1
>
> Daemon running with PID 2961
>
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
>
> I have checked xenconsoled is running and it is, any ideas?#

I'm seeing something similar (Squeeze with the Sid 4.1 xen packages rebuilt
from the source packages).

# xl create squeeze1.cfg -c
Parsing config file squeeze1.cfg
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl_device.c:476:libxl__wait_for_device_model Device Model
not ready
xl: fatal error: libxl_create.c:535, rc=-1:
libxl__confirm_device_model_startup

Both xenstored and xenconsoled are running.

However, xm create works fine. And once started, xl list, xl shutdown, etc
seem to behave fine as well.

Bug in xl create?

Thanks,
Ward.