[Xen-users] XCP vs Xen on CentOS and Dell OpenManage

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP vs Xen on CentOS and Dell OpenManage
From: Eduardo Bragatto <eduardo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 13:21:15 -0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:22:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I just tried out XCP and I was surprised to see it looks pretty much like Xen from Citrix. Based on the RPM packages installed, I assume XCP is based on RHEL5.

With that in mind, I have a few questions that I did not find an answer on the web... Perhaps I didn't look in the right places, so if you know about any good documentations that I should read please share it :)

1) What is the main difference between "xm" and "xe", and why does XCP comes with "xe" while the Xen Hypervisor comes with "xm"?

2) I noticed "xe" has a lot of features, for example: "snapshots". Does it means "xe" goes beyond simply managing Xen and also acts as a frontend for LVM?

3) Did anyone managed to install Dell's OpenManage on XCP -- Dell has RPM packages for RHEL5 and a yum repository, so I'm assuming it should work, but I would like to hear from someone who was at least tried to get it installed.

Best regards,
Eduardo Bragatto