[Xen-users] XCP- Unable to Import Lenny.xva

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP- Unable to Import Lenny.xva
From: Jessica L Hartog <jessica.hartog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:45:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:46:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm trying to follow the guide to set up Lenny 5.0 VMs on my newly installed XCP machine. Following what the wiki suggests I downloaded the lenny.xva from http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/lenny.xva, saving to domain zero. (note that this file was updated March 1, 2011)

When I try to import lenny.xva to my Xen Cloud Platform host using the command:
  xe vm-import filename=lenny.xva

I get the following output:
   The VM could not be imported.
   msg: HANDLE_INVALID: [VM; OpaqueRef: NULL ]

Is it possible that the uploaded lenny.xva file is invalid somehow? It seems that this question was asked on this mailing list on March 17th but has not yet been addressed.

Thank You,
Jessica Hartog