Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug sc

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working
From: Gareth Glaccum <gareth.glaccum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:15:22 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 02:16:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 09:21 +0800, John/SML wrote:

> >> I used the kernel config on Ubuntu Xen documentation and succeeded
> >> compile Xen 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04.02 LTS :-

> >Some simple checks:
> >- do you have udevd running?
> >- do you have a bridge called xenbr0 (try running "brctl show")
>
> Yes, the vdevd is running and the bridge xenbr0 is available :-

Which version of udevd is your system running? I had a similar issue
(different OS, and my problem was bridge wasn't being started
correctly), but whilst researching I came across a lot of ubuntu posts
about versions of the default udevd above 151 were not working properly
with xen. The work-around was to downgrade to udevd 151.
I didn't see any 'resolution' posts that said upgrading the version
solved the problem.
Gareth