[Xen-users] Create multiple IP on single interface

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Create multiple IP on single interface
From: ssaz <zaxaz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:17:46 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:18:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have one physical eth0 interface on a server running xen. I need to have
two IP addresses bound to the physical interface at the server layer (not
vm). I basically want to do in Xen what would be referred to as a virtual IP
in unix/linux. I can do this at the RHEL os level via the following
commands:

#ifconfig eth0 inet 192.168.177.25 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
#ifconfig eth0:0 inet 10.68.177.25 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

This works fine before xen starts but once I start xen, the second interface
(0:0) gets dropped.

The reason I need this is to route db interconnect traffic over the 192
network while routing the public traffic over the 10 network.

I don't understand how to accomplish this without xen stomping on it.