Re: [Xen-users] grub2 issues

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] grub2 issues
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:48:17 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:49:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John McMonagle wrote:

In /etc/default/grub Added
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true
To get the domus out of grub.

I moved my DomU kernels into a subdirectory so Grub doesn't see them.

Need to add something for
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT=

I put in
GRUB_DEFAULT="Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 and XEN 4"
It would be nice if xen were first entry but realistically it is a better
solution.

I also put in a manual kernel entry before the automagic kernels start flag so that it's always the first.

--
Simon Hobson