RE: [Xen-users] I need some answers please

To: "'inas mohamed'" <inas_2003@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Simon Hobson'" <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] I need some answers please
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 09:53:02 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 07:54:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, the point of a pool is to be able to move a VM between physical nodes.

You cannot span one VM across multiple physical nodes.  That is not how virtualization works.  For example, if you own two 8GB XCP hosts, you cannot create one big 16GB VM.  It simply does not work that way.  What you could do is create VMs that were smaller than the RAM size of the physical nodes.  For example, you could create several 1GB VM and then move them between the XCP hosts as needed.