Re: [Xen-users] guest creation problem on pv dom0 kernel

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> FWIW, I think the error is related to xend-http-server and xend-port
>> on /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.
>
>  Ok  but I never enabled it to work.

Many things can make it not work. It could be the defaults have
changed, so it's disabled by default. It could be some extreme
firewall settings blocking everything even on loopback. It could be
that that the http server simply failed to start.

In any case, when you're already experienced with the basics, you'd
know where to start looking. Like how xen-related logs should be on
/var/log/xen/. Or how a simple "netstat -antp" can give you an
overview on which TCP ports are open and which programs are using
them. Or that you can safely restart xend to pickup new settings on
xend-config.sxp, but you should never kill/restart xenstored. Those
kinds of knowledge can go a long way to help you figure out what's
wrong and how to fix it.

... or at the very least, it will help you find out the quirks of the
combination of OS-xen-libvirt version you're using, and you'll be able
to help others experiencing similar problem in the future.

--
Fajar