Re: [Xen-users] Trace SRIOV NIC's MSI-X delivery to Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Trace SRIOV NIC's MSI-X delivery to Xen
From: David White <dwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:41:07 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:42:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 02/21/2011 01:52 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 04:51:01PM +0530, Manish Verma wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using Xen4.0.1 with SLES11SP1  with Intel's SRIOV NIC in passthrough
mode to FedoraCore14 guest HVMs.
 From guest HVM I'm able to send packets out but not able to receive the
same.
Intel NIC HW counters are reporting receiving packets but  the same is
not reaching the guest HVM.
My NIC uses MSI-X to report packets to SW. which should be received by
Xen and forwarded to HVM guest where I don't see relevant
/proc/interrupts counter ticking.

Thus I would like to trace whether MSI-X requests are reaching Xen. Any
known xen command to trace the same.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am currently seeing the same behavior on my system. Physical functions seem to work fine - interface in HVM guest has full network access. Virtual function does not work. DHCP reqests from guest HVM are received at the DHCP server, responses are returned, but the HVM never receives them.

-David