[Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 HVM 2008R2 Citrix PV Drivers

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 HVM 2008R2 Citrix PV Drivers
From: "Roy T. Collins" <RTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:26:46 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:28:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been google for a few days now trying to get the Citrix PV Drivers to work on a server 2008 R2 HVM guest.  I get the machine up and running then I install the cirtix PV drivers.  I have tried both making and not making the registry change.  Once I reboot the server I get stuck at the boot screen.

The xen log says:

XENUTIL: WARNING: CloseFrontend: timed out in XenbusWaitForBackendStateChange: /local/domain/0/backend/console/58/0 in state INITIALISING; retry.

If I enable VNC then it says the same thing but its waiting for vfb.

I see a post about this specific problem from a few months ago but there doesn’t seem to be any resolution.

What is the current status of Citrix PV drivers on server 2008R2?  Anyone have any leads on what to try next? Anyone have it working?

Thanks

Roy