[Xen-users] Bonded interfaces with trunk and iscsi SAN

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Bonded interfaces with trunk and iscsi SAN
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:32:12 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:33:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We finally got our Dell MD3200i setup and working. What I now need to do is get it talking to my xen dom0's. One is a T710 with 4 nics and the other is a 2900 with 2 nics. Each server has all of it's interfaces bonded together using an 802.3ad type of setup and vlans passing over the bonded interface. I have given each dom0 a management IP on the bond0 interface. Also each dom0 is running Centos 5.5 with xen4.0 out of the gitco repo. I have successfully setup a windows domu with 5 nics (1 network and 4 iscsi san) to talk to the SAN. That is the easy part. Now what I need to do is setup the dom0 to talk directly to it.

This is complicated with the bond+trunk. Basically what I need to happen is have a way to assign another IP to the bond0 interface. Being that I will have a very limited maintenance window to make this work, I would appreciate some feedback. One way I thought about doing it was to create a bond0:0 interface and add the SAN ip stuff to it. Should this work?

Here is the basic setup I have in case it helps:

in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts I have the following:

ifcfg-bond0
ifcfg-bond0.1
ifcfg-bond0.10
ifcfg-bond0.11
ifcfg-bond0.12
ifcfg-bond0.13
ifcfg-bond0.14
ifcfg-bond0.15
ifcfg-bond0.2
ifcfg-bond0.20
ifcfg-bond0.21
ifcfg-bond0.22
ifcfg-bond0.23
ifcfg-bond0.3
ifcfg-bond0.4
ifcfg-bond0.5
ifcfg-bond0.6
ifcfg-bond0.7
ifcfg-bond0.8
ifcfg-bond0.9
ifcfg-br1
ifcfg-br10
ifcfg-br11
ifcfg-br12
ifcfg-br13
ifcfg-br14
ifcfg-br15
ifcfg-br2
ifcfg-br20
ifcfg-br21
ifcfg-br22
ifcfg-br23
ifcfg-br3
ifcfg-br4
ifcfg-br5
ifcfg-br6
ifcfg-br7
ifcfg-br8
ifcfg-br9
ifcfg-eth0
ifcfg-eth1

And the representative contents to help:

ifcfg-bond0:
DEVICE=bond0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
IPADDR=10.8.1.151
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=10.8.1.0
GATEWAY=10.8.1.1
MTU=1496

ifcfg-bond0.1:
DEVICE=bond0.1
VLAN=yes
BRIDGE=br1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet

ifcfg-br1:
DEVICE=br1
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes

ifcfg-eth0:
# Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
USECTL=no
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
MTU=1496

Vlan20 is the SAN vlan and it has 192.168.0.0 on it. In debian I know how to accomplish this since you use the vmbrX interface and give it an IP. However I am not 100% sure how to do this in centos. I appreciate any help on this.