Re: [Xen-users] xen compilation is giving errors

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok  now when I type make world
> I get following error
>
> http://pastebin.com/bFjm7hWy

The error
awk: line 2: function gensub never defined
/home/tapas/xen-4.0.1/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/scripts/Makefile.build:74:
*** 'Your awk program does not define gensub.  Use gawk or another awk
with gensub'.  Stop.

looks weird. Perhaps you should follow the error warning and install gawk?

Anyway, since you're going to use 4.0.1, I actually recommend NOT
append KERNELS="linux-2.6-xen0 linux-2.6-xenU" (which would install
2.6.18, but instead run

make xen
make tools
make stubdom
make install-xen
make install-tools
make install-stubdom

and then compile dom0 kernel following
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps.

... or perhaps a "make world" (without anything after that) might do
all the steps, but I prefer doing it one by one so I can see which
part actually fails :P

--
Fajar