[Xen-users] Squeeze and Xen 4 - booting error when loading xen-hyperviso

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Squeeze and Xen 4 - booting error when loading xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64
From: Paul Wozney <paul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:15:24 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:29:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello xen-users,

I'm a long-time Linux-er and lately I've been sticking to Ubuntu - but when it came time to build a Xen system I figured what better way than to use debian and since squeeze was just released with support for Xen 4.

Except I'm having some problems. I followed the instructions here:
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#Installationonsqueeze

I can boot the regular plain-jane kernel without a problem, but when I boot the Xen-4 hypervisor kernel I get a crash, and unless I include the line 'noreboot' it immediately reloads the system. �It looks like the repos are giving me hypervisor 4.0.1.

I have attached a screenshot (taken with my camera) of the crashed system, in the hopes that someone will know what this means. This happens quiet early in the boot process, so I'm not able to switch windows to access the system otherwise. I did some searching for the last error message�child_rip�but I can't seem to find anything quite like what I'm seeing here.

I saw a thread on the xen-devel list for 4.1.1 with this exact problem, and for them with that particular bug they were able to fix it with this kernel parameter:�/boot/xen.gz� dom0_mem=1024M. But this didn't work for me - I just got the same error.

Thanks,

Paul