Re: Fwd: [Xen-users] clarification regarding xen vm

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:36 PM, jpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<jpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le dimanche 13 février 2011 à 17:18 +0530, Yamini L a écrit :

It will be the same as if you yank the power cord from a physical
machine, and plug it back in.

> DESTROY delete only the definition of the machine in XEN, all disks are
> not destroyed nor modified.

"xm destroy" doesn't delete anything. "xm delete" does.

> I suggest doing a "NEW" and not a "CREATE", which re-create a new
> definition for that machine.

I think you got it backwards there as well.

# xm | egrep "create|new|delete|destroy"
 create               Create a domain based on <ConfigFile>.
 new                  Adds a domain to Xend domain management
 delete               Remove a domain from Xend domain management.
 destroy              Terminate a domain immediately.
For more help on 'xm create' see the xmdomain.cfg(5)  man page.

--
Fajar