Re: [Xen-users] bonding with trunking AND iscsi

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] bonding with trunking AND iscsi
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:16:53 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 13:18:14 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, so basically give up on the shared bond and just dedicate half the nics to the SAN. Gotcha. Thanks!

On 2/2/2011 3:12 PM, Jeff Sturm wrote:
You can bond your NICs from the dom0 to the switch, but there's no way
to do the same for the MD3200i, as far as I am aware.  So your SAN
traffic won't really make use of link aggregation.

For our MD3200i we dedicated two switches and two NICs per host, using
multipath.  That gives us high availability and 2Gbps (theoretical)
bandwidth.  Works great.  We started with 4 NICs per host, however.