[Xen-users] (no subject)

To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: "Scott A. Wozny" <sawozny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 02:16:01 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 18:18:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK, so after several weeks of trying to get various versions of Xen running of various distributions, I'm starting to wonder if I've got a hardware compatibility problem and as the system never really boots with the Xen kernel I've got no log files to tell me where the problem is.  I was wondering if there's a way to compile from source with debug turned on, particularly for early boot problems, and where those logs get stored.

In my research, it seems like everyone who has had problems getting Xen running has fixed it through errors reported during the compile process and correcting source files to match but I've been poring through the thousands of lines of output produced by the various makes I've been doing in different distro and source combinations and I can't find anything that says "You have a problem here".  They just compile cleanly and then don't boot.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott