Re: [Xen-users] about Fedora13 Xen 4 Tutorial

To: David Gonzalez Herrera <dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] about Fedora13 Xen 4 Tutorial
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 23:45:52 -0500
Cc: 김병기 <bklove80@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:47:40 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:sender:received :in-reply-to:references:from:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=jRoiTGqvKDSY633U8wTCX2RECRtVDRvNGIN23qmjHq4=; b=VKZ+ikJnOawXT9JsKrc7faZrU7P5OHYYwpHgWi3ZaruwsWUDRqTvE0ePYznosGO7A9 kliVq4wt16uYtR1IxH9krsPiQkFtaAJqCY2hE2QdJdp9sVIxrcICVQ4Udy+GFeKwhn67 vhwLCp0kOYBLCvBgnhQJkYr0SIlLkJo6/ItKA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM, David Gonzalez Herrera
<dgonzalezh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry man,
> Like you I have the same problem and nobody seems to have an answer to
> anything related to Fedora + xen 4.0.1 + Dom0 kernel pv_ops, at least you've
> gotten further away than me, I have a kernel panic  that nobody seems to
> ahve this kind of setup.
> BTW would it be possible that you emailed me your .config file to test
> building my own kernel to see if at least I get a "no root found" error.
> Thanks and hope someone here someday finds the solution or write a true
> xen4.0.1+Dom0 + CentOS/Fedora14 that works.
> Luck.
>
> ---
> David Gonzalez H.
> DGHVoIP - OPEN SOURCE TELEPHONY SOLUTIONS
> Phone Bogotá: +(57-1)289-1168
> Phone Medellin: +(57-4)247-0985
> Mobile: +(57)315-838-8326
> MSN: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Skype: davidgonzalezh
> WEB: http://www.dghvoip.com/
> Proud Linux User #294661
>

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 4:06 AM, 김병기 <bklove80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> This is my first question.. (sorry for my poor english.. )
>> Is this right way to ask something about installing xen, build kernel
>> ...etc using mailing list??
>> I want know "How or Where can I ask something  & How can I get your smart
>> answers"
>> I have followed this tutorial
>> "http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Fedora13Xen4Tutorial"; exactly on my Core 2 Dou.
>> after config the menu.lst and reboot..
>> then, "PCI : not using MMCONFIG" message pops up and all system stops.
>> so I fixed this problem by set "CONFIG_PIC_MMCONFIG=y" in .config file
>> and rebuild and install kernel
>> after reboot..
>> Finally, "No root device found" and Boot failed.
>> I installed Fedora13 disk partition same as  tutorial
>> "http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/Fedora13Xen4Tutorial";
>> What is the main problem with this situation??
>> Thanks everyone.!

Have you guys tried the latest 2.6.32.x and 2.37.x kernels?

http://www.mail-archive.com/xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00215.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00290.html

Hope that helps.

Thanks,