[Xen-users] XCP 0.5.0 bug, XCCS 0.5.5.1 impacted

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP 0.5.0 bug, XCCS 0.5.5.1 impacted
From: Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:42:20 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:43:34 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings all:
In the process of building VMs on my XCP 0.5.0 pool, I accidently built one with an outdate guest agent (0.1.1). This out of date guest agent caused the host evacuate function in XCCS to misfire, since xe host-get-vms-which-prevent-evacuation in 0.5.0 does not show the VM can't be evacuated, which it should. This does not effect the VM migrate function, since XCCS does its own internal checking in that case.

Workaround:

If an XCCS host evacuate fails to evacuate all VMs, check the VMs on that host for out of date PV driver/guest agent and update or shut down
the VM.

Fix:

Update 0.5.5.2 will release Friday to fully implement internal checking for out of date PV drivers/guest agent and discontinue the use of the malfunctioning host-get-vms-which-prevent-execution function.

--
Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom
http://www.swiftwatertel.com