Re: [Xen-users] Keeping domU configs sync'ed across nodes in a cluster

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Keeping domU configs sync'ed across nodes in a cluster
From: Juergen Gotteswinter <jg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:53:36 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:55:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
i use csync2 for this job

Am 20.10.10 12:34, schrieb Bart Coninckx:
On Wednesday 20 October 2010 05:30:01 Digimer wrote:
Hi all,

   I've got a Fedora 13 cluster (just two nodes) with Xen 4.0.1 and the
dom0's are 2.6.32 kernel. I can live migrate the domU VMs back and forth
just fine.

   The trick is that, until a VM has been migrated to the second node (or
I run 'virsh dumpxml domain>  domain.xml;<copy to other node>; virsh
define domain.xml), the second node doesn't know that the domU exists.
So if the original node dies, I can't (easily) recover the domU on the
backup. Also, if I make changes to the virtual hardware on one node, the
other node's config goes stale.

   Is there a way to keep the domU configuration in sync across nodes? I
think I saw something to this effect a little earlier, but so far my
google-fu has not turned up anything.

Thanks!

Digimer

How about just having cron export the xml files and using rsync (or plain ssh)
to copy the files around?

B.