Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] XCP 5.0 Your license has expired. Please c

To: Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] XCP 5.0 Your license has expired. Please contact yoursupport representative
From: Jonathan Ludlam <jonathan.ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:34:08 +0100
Cc: Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:34:21 -0700
References: <AANLkTimHGomUQ=z2x_xhu816odmkSitQu-BFfc1v5jTy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1670001287-1286116573-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-83991848-@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <AANLkTimdAwN9NGMEagOMNgjBP4XA-BxwveDRcufp1JtJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4CA8A697.3030201@xxxxxxxx> <AANLkTi=q9zOpCPJ9e15RAsOWhDb853jT7QY7jmPtfAjv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4CA8AAF9.5060005@xxxxxxxx> <AANLkTinVnV6ZvyAvZUxU1ErykkPCg-rWJ8onoSMdH_49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4CA8B594.5080702@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The license expiry problem is a known issue with the recent unstable snapshots. It's possible to get around it by stopping xapi, then editing the file '/var/xapi/state.db' - search for 'expiry' and replace the date with a much later one.

When you next start xapi, it'll cap the expiry date to the current day + 30 days so you'll have to do this again then if you don't want to upgrade to the next snapshot we'll be posting, in which this behaviour is fixed.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Vern Burke wrote:
I'll build a new 0.5.0 key tomorrow when I'm back in the office and verify it works. It's entirely possible they mucked around with something in the experimentals and broke it. There are other ways to build a bootable USB key from a Linux ISO but they're mostly a lot harder and a lot more iffy than unetbootin.

Vern