[Xen-users] Host in a Box

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Host in a Box
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:27:19 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:27:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a host-in-a-box template..that works :)

I've tried downloading the one from http://download.lxlabs.com/download/vpstemplate/centos-5-i386-hostinabox576.tar.gz however when I use that with either pygrub or just specifing a kernel in the config file, I run into problems. Firstly, during the boot process, a lot of config files for mysql and lighttpd are missing. Then once the boot process is complete, I don't get the login prompt.

I was getting "INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel" however once I copied a /etc/inittab file from a working DomU to this VM, I don't even get that error anymore (still no login box though!)..

Any ideas?

Is anyone willing to share a host-in-a-box image with me? :)

Many Thanks