[Xen-users] Booting problem of Xen-4.0.1 on Fedora 13 using Intel chipse

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Booting problem of Xen-4.0.1 on Fedora 13 using Intel chipset & processor
From: Jagadish Nadimpalli <jagadish.nadimpalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:46:59 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:18:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am facing a problem in booting Xen-4.0.1 on Fedora 13. The Xen RPM installation is successful but when I try to boot from DOM0 Kernel, it fails. Other details of my machine are as follows.
(1) Kernel version 2.6.33.3-85.fc13.x86_64.
(2) Chipset - Intel 82Q35
(3) Processor - Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

The error and the call trace are as follows.

Xen call trace
==========
xsave_init + 0x6d/0x1f0
init_intel + 0x13d/0x380
generic_identity + 0x39/0x190
identify_cpu + 0xe2/0x250
__start_xen + 0x2ec6/0x3340
__high_start + 0xa1/0xa3

Error message:
Panic on CPU 0:
Xen BUG at i387.c:159

Please note that same installation worked on the following setup.
(1) Chipset - Nvidia MCP55
(2) Processor - AMD Athlon dual core 4450B

Did anybody see this kind of issues on Intel processor and chipsets. Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Jagadish