[Xen-users] DomU doesn't boot after adding the vif.

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU doesn't boot after adding the vif.
From: 나제균 <archdoom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:13:29 +0900
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:14:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I'm trying to run the xen with the NAT mode.

I referenced the 'http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Xen_Networking#Routed_Networking_with_NAT_2'.

As shown the above link, I commented the

(network-script network-bridge)

(vif-script vif-bridge),

and uncomment the

(network-script network-nat)

(vif-script vif-nat)

in '/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.

After rebooting the dom0, I configured the dom1.cfg to add the vif.

I inserted the 'vif = [ "ip=30.0.0.1" ] at the end of the dom1.cfg.

When I run the dom1 using the virt-manager, the vncdisplay dosen't show the POST screen.

It just shows the text 'Console is not yet active for guest' and the CPU usage is 0%.

However the Memory usage shows 512MB which is configured when domain creating.

After deleting the 'vif = [ "ip=30.0.0.1" ]' in the dom1.cfg and reruns the dom1, it works very well.

DId I wrong configure the dom1.cfg??

Thanks for reading.

PS) dom0: CentOS 5.5 + xen 3.1

       dom1: Ubuntu 8.04. LTS with HVM