RE: [Xen-users] XPC: Where to start?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XPC: Where to start?
From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 13:40:48 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:42:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You should definitely get Open Xen Manager working on one of your
workstations, because it can be helpful when working with XCP.  You will get
frustrated with the instability (constant, repeated crashing) of Open Xen
Manager, but you will still be glad to have the tool available to use.  I
really wish XenCenter worked with XCP, because XenCenter is very stable and
useful.  Open Xen Manager works with XCP, but Open Xen Manager crashes after
almost anything you try to do with it.  Even with the crashes, Open Xen
Manager is still way better than not having any GUI based tool.

The other must have is XVP.  The first thing you will want to do is install
the XVP appliance as a guest under XCP.  XVP has the best web based VNC
interface I have seen so far for XCP.  Just don't have XVP automatically
scan for changes.  When I have tried using that feature, XVP ends up
dropping the existing pools.  XVP is really stable other than that, though.

The real fun part of using XCP is the API.  Like so many others on this
list, I have been writing my own cloud management tools for XCP.  The API
makes it really easy to do that.