Re: [Xen-users] Considering Xen for Ubuntu VPS environment

To: mlueck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Considering Xen for Ubuntu VPS environment
From: David Markey <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:47:05 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 10:48:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have the version of pygrub out of Xen 4.0.1,

1) You run the version of the kernel distributed by Ubuntu(thanks to pv_ops)
2) I dont see how ACLs wouldnt be supported by the filesystem.
3) You have full access to the server console through /dev/hvc0
4) Distro level upgrades(as in from 10.04 to 10.10) *could* break the booting process. this is true.

Regards,

David

The only con with using Ubuntu paravirtualised is lack of a framebuffer.