[Xen-users] How to disable VGA in HVM guests?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How to disable VGA in HVM guests?
From: "Jakub S." <szefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:48:17 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:49:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm tying to configure Xen such that the HVM guests do not see the VGA.
 I'm setting up HVM guests which will only have interaction with the
network and am trying to get rid of any excess functionality and overheads.

Ideally, is it possible to configure Xen (or edit Xen code) such that
the VGA is not even announced on the virtual PCI bus?  Right now it's
announced as 00:02.0 inside the HVM guest (checked using /sbin/lspci
command).  Maybe you have some tips about Xen configuration or a place
in Xen code where such change could be made?

I've browsed much of xen/arch/x86/hvm/* as well as other directories,
but have no luck yet.

Thanks in advance for any help,
~ Jakub