Re: [Xen-users] Can I rename logical volumes without problems?

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM, George Shuklin
<george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> В Чтв, 29/07/2010 в 13:28 +0200, Mauro пишет:

>> I've logged in my VM and do shutdown, then I logged into dom0 renamed
>> logical volumes, modify VM config file and do xm create VM.cfg.
>> Is it right?
>
> Not excactly, I think, you must destroy domU for that VM (it shall not
> appear in xm list). If shutdown destory domU, that's fine. If not, you
> must destroy it manually (after shutdown).

AFAIK the main thing is to make sure that the domU will be using the
new config when it's started.

You raise a good point though. If the domU still shows on "xm list"
after it's shutdown beause it's managed by xend (like what happens if
you create it with "xm new", or if you set it up using newer versions
of virt-install/virt-manager), then it's still using the old config.
You need to delete it first ("xm delete"). That would not be a problem
if you only use old-style domU config (like with RHEL/Centos5 and it's
bundled version of Xen).

--
Fajar