RE: [Xen-users] SUE 3.11 with Xen 4 adding an XP guest OS

To: k.houtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] SUE 3.11 with Xen 4 adding an XP guest OS
From: "Carlos Costa e Silva" <carlos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 21:50:39 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:29:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--------------------------
From: Ken Houtz [mailto:k.houtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

[]
I have converted A XP VMware image using the XenConvert.
I follow the steps:

Create a VM Machine
Select  I have an Image
Choose Windows >XP,2000,2003

On the summary screen:
Full virtual method
Name- windowsxp
Hardware-512
Graphics- cirrus logic
Disks ???  this is where I get lost (not the same as VMware)
                I have selected the .vhd file that was converted
(sitting on the desktop) and get an error that there is no valid  boot
sector.
[..]

Your steps look good, thats exactly what Ive done moving a win2008r2
image to suse 11.3. The main difference being in the copied image
already being a xen image.

What does fdisk l /your-image say? The output should show the
image disk partitions and there should be a line with an asterisk under
the Boot column for the boot partition.

You should also look at /var/log/xen/xend.log to see what xen tried to
do and for more log messages.

Carlos