[Xen-users] XEON 5640 ENABLE C3 / C6 and other settings

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XEON 5640 ENABLE C3 / C6 and other settings
From: David Moore <moored@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:09:25 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:11:20 -0700
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=romtech.com.au; s=dk; h=received:from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date :message-id:to:mime-version:x-mailer:x-mxguard-info :x-mxguard-spoolid:x-mxguard-sender:x-mxguard-virus-info :x-mxguard-trusted:x-mxguard-spam-score :x-mxguard-spam-probability:x-note; b=uAKfvSzrnRL7+PmalFnfsG3O+RKCjaR3I19dxMF8ZcQhpILyJDkdixuHXamBmCokU v9BYuLUXliKwARUtTL/ZqdaeQFXYkPWf0cKeU6fx7w+6t1I42hkdbSg/t3KAXeBfU pwqlONbz1X7EBjdBTpEgsbIHiC2QABzntwUj2V7GE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
There are a number of settings in the Bios of the servers I build can somebody
clarify best practice settings for the Xen Cloud 0.5

 () = MY SETTINGS

PROCESSOR QPI FREQ SELECT (AUTO MAX)
QPI TURBO BOOST (ENABLED)
ENHANCED INTEL TURBO BOOST (ENABLED)
ENHANCED INTEL SPEEDSTEP (R) TECH (ENABLED)
TURBO PERFORMANCE BIAS (ENHANCED)
PROCESSOR C3 (ACPI C3)
PROCESSOR C6 (ENABLED)
INTEL HYPER-THREADING TECH (ENABLED)
CORE MULTIPROCESSING (ALL)
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT (ENABLED)
INTEL VT TECH (ENABLED)
INTEL VT FOR DIRECTED I/O (DISABLED)
HARDWARE PRE-FETCHER (ENABLED)
 DIRECT CACH ACCESS (DCA) (ENABLED)

Regards David Moore
moored@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J.P. MCP, MCSE, MCSE + INTERNET, CNE.
www.adsldirect.com.au for ADSL and Internet www.romtech.com.au for PC sales

Office Phone: (+612) 9453 1990
Fax Phone: (+612) 9453 1880
Mobile Phone: +61(0)424 987 789
Skype Phone: ADSLDIRECT

POSTAL ADDRESS:
PO BOX 190
BELROSE NSW 2085
AUSTRALIA.

This email message is only intended for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright. If
you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email,
or taking any action in reliance on its contents by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that
this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is