[Xen-users] Xenbus and XenStore with mini-os

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xenbus and XenStore with mini-os
From: Shalin Mehta <shalin186@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:02:29 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:04:32 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=f4e3q43O0n2AwIfD+QvDgqpr+HST8AQsHeMQNs0YTMg=; b=rZw6RzGwsfi3lCBIrw2KjfjIHZORv9nqBVoIoiJGGB45s7uWl9xfh8S/6BkWnTBZOs Gv2C+HrcDTIF+JUY9cQ38l0I4bAI1I1jpJB3Vr01OHGxsANw4APIcKZDoZkngg2peo/x oovrXr7nPfNSOEYR2ZJ/PVqODmex9WTMgC5AI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I am trying to use Xen Bus and XenStore infrastructure to pass few small messages from one domain to another. For the simplicity I am using mini-os that comes with the Xen. But  the problem is that even the simplest functions provided by the xenbus.c are not working.

For now I am not making any changes in the original code of mini-os. This code initializes and tests xen bus by calling init_xenbus() function. But when i view the output mini-os prints on the console, there seems to be something wrong from the beginning of the xen bus initialization. I have copied the part of the output here.

Initialising xenbus
Thread "xenstore": pointer: 0xad0d0, stack: 0xc0000
Dummy main: start_info=000000000004fdc0
Thread "xenbus_tester": pointer: 0xad130, stack: 0xd0000

Xenbus tests disabled, because of a Xend bug.
Thread "xenbus_tester" exited.

I noticed this when I was trying to work on the various other functions of xenbus.c. But none of them were working. I couldn't even see the console when I try to use any other xen bus functions.

Is it a known issue? Could anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Shalin