RE: [Xen-users] XCP - setting up network

To: 'David Le Corfec' <dlecorfec@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XCP - setting up network
From: Rob Hoes <Rob.Hoes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 09:53:10 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 01:54:20 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi David,

It is not necessary to know anything about the open vswitch. You can do everything with the xe CLI, regardless whether you use the open vswitch or the old linux bridging backend.

To destroy the networking objects, first make sure that no VMs are running and unplug the PIFs (“xe pif-unplug”). Then remove VLANs with “xe vlan-destroy”, remove bonds with “xe bond-destroy”, and remove VIFs with “xe vif-destroy”. After that you can “xe pif-forget” the PIFs and “xe network-destroy” the networks. We are planning to make this easier by introducing a network reset command :)

Cheers,

Rob