[Xen-users] Message Transfer between Domains

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Message Transfer between Domains
From: Priya <pbhat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:48:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 06:50:04 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Os1/1EcK7s/879uiZitHGj7/8wIOnLO4kv3bVidynQU=; b=hUjoK233dIjbfxt9QDTSgExZLuO5fdFBDtK8d23eERsEYRZhQW2ZE/npxs+EGNTXjx +KABpVHl9QKpswcLJzLaff538BDLWV1m7ZqXvZVprDrbzwI5Gr3be+4yBoyv3hzJ5K4B zmA5yCC7eYYyX2dAKAj/e10zfUkc4gjF1U5Jw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey guys!

I need some help with implementing message passing between Xen domains. I basically need need to pass information quickly between the control domain and the PVMs running a Linux. I have read in the past that this can be achieved by setting a parameter in the .cfg configuration file while creating your PVM, and then information can be exchanged between domains by writing/reading in the /proc directory. But I am hazy about the details.

Can someone please provide some specific details for going about this. Also, can we also do this for HVMs (hardware-assisted VMs) running a Linux guest OS. If so, how?

Thanks

--
Priya Bhat