RE: [Xen-users] Bridge Hopping

To: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Bridge Hopping
From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:10:47 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:13:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If any bridge device is connected to a physical interface (e.g. eth0),
packets could also traverse out that interface into another bridge or
switch on your network.

It's helpful for me to think of Linux bridge devices as virtual
switches, and diagram them exactly the same way.  Each interface
(virtual or physical) plumbed into the bridge device functions like a
switch port.

-Jeff