Re: [Xen-users] bonding on domU

To: dongkyu lee <dongq.lee@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] bonding on domU
From: Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:04:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 06:07:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What you need is two separate things. First is bonding on dom0. Then you need some kind of live failover for the domu's to another dom0. For the failover I would look into drbd or similar.

The reason bonding on the domu won't work is because if the dom0 crashes, what is going to keep the domu running? The domu has to have the dom0 for at least networking.

Donny B.