[Xen-users] Frozen xen domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Frozen xen domU
From: Mark Adams <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:22:22 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:23:43 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

Debian Lenny amd64, xen 3.2.1

For the first time in a couple of years, I had a paravirt VM freeze on
me the other day, running at 400% CPU in xm list (4 vcpu). The dom0
machine was still operating correctly, but the domU was not accessible
(either via ssh or xm console). Other paravirt instances on the same
dom0 were also still running correctly. After running xm destroy and
recreating the vm, it was accessible again.

Nothing in the dom0 or domU logs indicate any errors, just that
everything in the domU froze about the same time.

Has anyone seen this and could offer a reason why or advise how best I
might be able to troubleshoot this? This sounds like it's a problem with
something inside the VM rather than Xen, however why couldn't I connect
with xm console?

Best Regards,
Mark