[Xen-users] XCP Management Tools Inquiry

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP Management Tools Inquiry
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:50:14 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 07:02:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

XCP Users:

As many of you are aware, there are several open source products available for everyone to use when working with XCP. I would like to get some feedback on the various tools to get a feeling on how people are using XCP and these tools.

Here are the tools that I am aware of (please respond if you are using another tool):

·         OpenXenManager – www.openxenmanager.com

·         Xen Orchestra Project – http://xen-orchestra.com

·         Xen VNC Proxy – www.xvpsource.org

·         Xen Cloud Control System -  www.xencloudcontrol.com

·         Convirture – www.convirture.com (not sure if they enabled XCP APIs or not)

Finally, in the XCP meeting yesterday, it came up that XenCenter from Citrix should also be allowed to connect to XCP as it does not now. XenCenter only runs on a Windows machine and there is no plan to port to Linux so it is unclear how many XCP users would leverage this tool. I would like to gauge community thoughts on this as well.

Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | M: (954) 854-4257