Re: [Xen-users] Wake on Lan not working on virtualized host

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Wake on Lan not working on virtualized host
From: Bharanidharan Narayanaswamy <bharanitn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 11:57:51 +0530 (IST)
Cc: Cristian Colombo <lu3ecc@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:29:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1278224872; bh=AsLrFlbNO4x0LFWDJ+/PU/Tm+7jg3dM/DMAglqRfGNA=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=RjcKNJ6jTGwg10dXvffNvxvXUnj7Ly76sfN3BV5WP4cX3miGMVx3Jx/Rh1aMtXfrkyoHmgefduZW46nciygSrzedStIlGRYjNM1KWIqTppkaUyww9g+1Kozt+qO9seMCW67c+FT3vJ+xpYlMBKHPPVmbKO7GcG0g+K5WY1gcY0U=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply. Even i thought so and i was trying to get the machine up by sending magic packets using the eth0 mac address.

But unfortunately it isn't working.

The other doubt i have is, when Xen is installed on a machine, the eth0 is copied to the peth0, but in my machine there are no virtual interfaces with the same mac address as of the eth0.

I'm not sure where the problem is, please help.

Thanks in advance,

Burny