[Xen-users] cheapest virtualizable Quadro

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] cheapest virtualizable Quadro
From: Csillag Kristof <csillag.kristof@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 23:31:33 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:32:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I am running a VNC terminal server on a virtualized host,
and I would like to add OpenGL support using VirtualGL, which
relies on HW accelerated rendering on the server side.

Since in my case the server is a domU, I need VGA Passthru for this.

Therefore, I need a graphics card that supports virtualization.

I am aware that the NVIdia Quadro FX 3800 card (and up) are guaranteed
to work,
but that's insanely expensive. (And I won't have more than 5 concurrent
users in the
near future, so I don't need that amount of preformance either.)

How about the lower quadro models? Has anyone run any tests on them?

I am especially interested in Quadro FX 3700 (the immediate predecessor
of 3800)
and 1800 (one step below 3800).

Do we have any info about these?

Thank you for your help: