Re: [Xen-users] Trying to install ubuntu 10.04 on centos 5.5 w/ xen4.0

On 7/1/2010 11:38 AM, Cristian Colombo wrote:
You can download the deb installer (http://packages.ubuntu.com)

cp /package/path.deb /path/to/server_folder/

sudo dpkg -i package.deb

Cristian.

2010/7/1 Donny Brooks <dbrooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 6/27/2010 4:23 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

OR, since you can already get domU running using kernel on dom0, you
could just get networking up and install grub the normal way.

This is the trick. I have the domu booting and all but I cannot get networking to install for the life of me! Kinda hard to install grub with no way to get files to it. ;) Any ideas where to start?

Yes.... download the package... how? Without networking on the domu that is near impossible. The only way I can think to do it is make a new lv, mount it on the dom0, download the package to that partition mounted on the dom0, unmount it and give it to the domu. While not totally out of the question, I would rather get networking up and working.