[Xen-users] Re: trouble with Linux iscsi initiator with Xen compiled fro

Subject: [Xen-users] Re: trouble with Linux iscsi initiator with Xen compiled from source
From: Ray Barnes <tical.net@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 03:17:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:18:59 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=jhgmmG8r+q3HwR1pn5onUi1DHGj8WJztuwwfEFLeyfY=; b=r2rIMQta+nmsLY5fNAXef9ehlgwBW4X+KeN5qCB/INNj3kOoSljVxgkqVmFzdxh6+g pWjj7c0e+KSNkmLHJH8RR5SlghtxGVQCRZGxjX/RiHH4ukuUO+R5hp7yDKqtye11dS56 mKwRmEO58NdNZbJwJmSQwtEcrGvmqdsbJWikg=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Following up on this for the benefit of anyone having similar troubles, this is not a Xen-specific problem.  Rather, the two kernel options I listed below, as well as libiscsi and iscsi_tcp (from the drivers/scsi directory within the kernel tree) must all be compiled as modules.   Additionally, MD5 and CRC32c cryptography must be enabled within the kernel.

The error messages I received would eventually lead you to the right answer through extensive Googling, but hopefully this gives someone a shortcut...

-Ray