Re: [Xen-users] blktap2 does not work

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Matthew Law <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, June 23, 2010 11:55 am, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>> If you use RHEL/Centos5, I can share my kernel RPM, plus use packaged
>> Xen 4.0 from Gitco for easy installation. Hopefully others can help
>> you better with Debian.
>
> Would you say CentOS + Gitco Xen 4.0 is stable enough for production yet?

I don't know. I only got the fully working dom0 kernel today. Previous
ones that I use (both pv_ops and Suse's kernel-xen 2.6.32) has serius
bugs (for me anyway) with blktap2. Ask me later in several weeks :D

> - we remain on Gitco Xen 3.4.2 and haven't started testing it yet but I am
> interested to hear anyone's experiences so far.

3.4.2 + RHEL's kernel-xen has been great so far. It helps fixing some
issues (like opensolaris PV domU). If you only run LInux PV/Windows
HVM domUs, and don't need newer features, I'd say stick with RHEL's
bundled version of Xen.

>  Depending on how things
> go we might move over to XCP when it hits 1.0 even though that is unlikely
> to be at Xen 4.0.  Blktap2 is something I am really interested in.

I'd actually consider moving some servers to Xen 4 when it reaches
4.0.1 or 4.1 :D
That, coupled with blktap2 + zfs-fuse, would be great.

--
Fajar