Re: [Xen-users] Can't connect to Xend

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can't connect to Xend
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:38:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 02:41:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 01/06/10 10:11, Tapas Mishra wrote:

  Nope, that didn't work. FYI, netstat doesn't show any xend service
  listening, however ps -aux shows that "/usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/xend start"
  is running (twice actually)

  Ohh I see just check if there is  a stale pid file.
  This is just a guess I recently had this problem.Since you mentioned
  that it is running twice it check the  init script of xend
  as where it saves the pid and creates a lock to run xen and try
  deleting that manually.

Hmm ok the xend stop script didn't remove the xend lock file in
/var/lock/subsys

I deleted this file manually, and then went onto run xend start. The
lock file wasn't created (strange) and xend acted just like before
(Seems to start twice, yet nothing is listening)

Here is a link to an strace of when I ran xend start, if anyone is able to
understand
it....
(The strace was taken before I deleted the lock file)

http://www.tripathy.org/xend-strace

Thanks