Re: [Xen-users] pfSense HVM

On 31/05/10 17:44, Nicolas Vilz 'niv' wrote:
On 05/31/10 18:41, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 31/05/10 17:36, Nicolas Vilz 'niv' wrote:
On 05/31/10 18:19, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
Hi Nicholas,

I did select HVM, but left everything else at default. Maybe I should
try to change the disk type somehow?

Show me your vm config please. I am interested in the "disk"- and the
"boot"-part. There should be 2 entries at first (one disk, one cd),
and you have to boot from cd.

Sincerly Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I did all this through virt-manager. I'm currently just re-installing my
server, so I'll give you the config that virt-manager creates in about
an hour. Which version of Xen are you using?
Right at the moment, i use xen 4.0.0, so blktap2 works for me. Before that i used xen 3.4.x with lvm physical backend. You could also use the file backend for xen 3.4.x. and you will probably need file backend and ioemu for the cd iso image.

Sincerly
Nicolas