Re: [Xen-users] how to convert QEMU images to be used as Xen DomU's

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to convert QEMU images to be used as Xen DomU's
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:00:05 +0530
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2010 07:31:24 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=avJUYqtc6AIfDIfs2kpfRzaAupPdmF7SqIy6AW7vUmA=; b=YXllq7xWWgX3xw9OpIuuw8WftYqbhmHT0tQxuHZZgII1pi3eBy/mtL0xev1OzFuX+q sPXMgDR6yJO6n9aX9ZR6wKDEfdoc1oVz8dHkqV+b6zBJS0vtlU305tDD9bhCZwvu6+R4 X3Yl5rwH/tFOfesvw0LGAVSkdmYIL+1Mc7yw8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fajar first of all I would like to express my apologies to you.Believe
it or not I have been reading your messages on this mailing list not
only to my problems but to any one else you have replied.I consider
you to be an expert when it comes to CentOS and Xen.
Six months before I used Xen for the first time in my life.I was new
to a lot of things so the questions were newbie ones.
Which with your help and also with folks at Xen IRC I was able to
solve many of my doubts.
Now coming to my problem I am working with a team of people in which I
am the junior most person and they would not listen to your or my
suggestions.I bookmark your replies for my knowledge.They consider
themselves as expert on Debian I do not doubt on the competence of the
persons who are my seniors but if after working hard for 2 months you
can not make things work there definitely is a problem.
Which they are not willing to accept.

Had it been my choice I would have used CentOS directly no Debian Dom0
I have used CentOS with Xen and extremely satisfied with it.
I have had more than frustrating experience with Debian.
 But just understand my situation.

I have shown your messages to them in some or the other format and
probably they must also be reading this thread.
The server on which I am working I do not have the freedom to work the
way you suggest.
I have been told to make QEMU work and so I am struggling.

Assuming that I am not comfortable with Linux or Xen I believe if I
can not make it work many others might have not.
I really appreciate the time and energy you spent here with me and
sincerely thank you and
 many other members on this list who so ever replied to my messages.
I can understand that it had been a tiring and frustrating to reply to
go through this process again and again.
Having explained my scenario to you,you can now understand my
situations better please keep replying I make a book mark of all your
pastebins and I will try them all one by one once.Once I prove that
this method will actually not work.
Sorry for the typo errors.
Thanks for all the support you gave.

--