Re: [Xen-users] a suggestion for those creating any documentation for xe

To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] a suggestion for those creating any documentation for xen
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:57:07 +0530
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2010 01:28:23 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=6eHK57SpHqdel5I37sBMj1zrCDVlgqfyZda7iLgKBWg=; b=JpXFDwWvzqF0apkxGy16FLfMegCiShAvYIGoPPAIrZFYZyVzFPYieutDY2+HBWpXoo QCP1LDKMQMT3FI8fuBjoFROBwReE5DNif2FLqCkftgMB+kDo5EeEWfM6i8yoTYLWlbrY pnFAvAu9yE1IyKkMwTHtCvQqeuvn4DFX7MgQ8=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I searched this message on net.I am using x86_64 bit of CentOS 5.5
>> So it might be a possibility that QEMU is reporting is 32 bit CPU.
>> Now let me know if some one has some suggestion to let me try this out.
>
> Not sure. Never really played with qemu before.
>
>> I do not have a GUI running on the remote server where I have to
>> install CentOS and have never used virt-manager so just wanted to know
>> does virt-manager require and GUI.
>
> virt-manager requires some x libraries, but it doesn't require GUI to
> be running on the server. You can easily use X forwarding over ssh.

> You could also use virt-install directly to start text-based
> installation with a command similar to this
>
> virt-install -p --nographics --name=centos -r 1024 --disk
> path=/z/test/centos.img,size=5 --network bridge=br129
> --location=http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/
>
> start by using file-based images first (virt-install will
> automatically create the file when using a command line similar to the
> above) to eliminate any possible LVM-related errors. You'd need to
> adjust path and bridge to your system.

Ok thanks for this suggestion I have bookmarked this thread.You gave
some important points.

I have uploaded a few snapshots
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48996087@N07/
Will be creating some new threads for the same once this process is up
and running I will create a wiki page because I have faced enormous
troubles.
Right now going with image based methods not LVM ones.

--
Tapas