[Xen-users] Another install xen on Ubuntu 10.04 question

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Another install xen on Ubuntu 10.04 question
From: Tom Potwin <wxman2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 21:29:04 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 May 2010 18:30:32 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:reply-to:from:to :subject:date:organization:mime-version:content-type:x-mailer :x-mimeole:thread-index; bh=hXGzP8h034DV+4j3xpqd7cC9aOk9d9IB++S3iCjauUA=; b=q0nlwcYhLEsD4jgXrlKU6J2qlz8ACi1uFaBGRMJ86AdBVmXCn3go+0dcyTVt1SzWBJ LY+w2hFXZQkAaoAXcC/wiawrqydavX1G5kjar5ttOmamfrMB7ZzVBzcuRJb+HVPi5L57 T94DuRuXiluWpfSvxEEB8vD82YYbsFUzK4T6Q=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello

I see from my searches that people have asked similar questions to this already. I read through them, and I've tried the steps on my test server. I have just a simple dual core AMD 64bit. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 server on it, using LVM's for some later design work. I want to set up dom0 and 4 domU's, but I can't get any version of xen to install.

As I said, I read the previous posts here, and a zillion posts about installing xen on other sites, but none of the step-by-steps seem to work with mine. One of the last ones I tried was the post here by Thiago Martins, and before that I followed http://bderzhavets.blogspot.com/2010/04/set-up-ubuntu-10.html. I always get to around:

make menuconfig # Enabled the dom0 support and the Xen backend as usual on Ubuntu 9.10, F12
make -j2
chmod g-s /usr/src -R
make deb-pkg
dpkg -i ../linux-image*2.6.32.10*.deb

Here it tells me that the files or directory doesn't exist. I also notice that a lot of errors show up after the make -j2, but it does finish. I know that I don't know enough yet about each of these steps, so I might be missing something that is assumed to be known. Before I did this reinstall of the server, I was using Ubuntu 8.04, and I had no trouble installing, and running xen there. I'm not even too concerned for which version of xen I try. Of course with 8.04 server, I just did an apt-get to install everything.

Could someone please take pity on me, and point me to a step-by step that might work; or possibly tell me what could be going wrong with what I've tried.

Thank you.