Re: [Xen-users] xml files in xend database corrupted and xend failed to

To: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xml files in xend database corrupted and xend failed to start solved now but read to diagnose
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 10:24:48 +0700
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:26:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So what had exactly
> happned.
> I want to reach the root cause of the problem.

Your disk was full. It causes lots of problem. Never let that happen.

SInce you mentioned /var/lib/xen/save was full, it's possible your
system is setup by default to save domUs on dom0 shutdown. While it's
a useful feature, it requires lots of disk space, and might add
significant time to dom0 shutdown process. I usually turn it off on my
systems. See /etc/sysconfig/xendomains or /etc/default/xendomains,
look for XENDOMAINS_SAVE. Change it to empty string.

--
Fajar