[Xen-users] Migrate guest to host?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Migrate guest to host?
From: Corey Sewell - DennisSystems Ltd <corey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 10:57:14 +1200
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 May 2010 09:04:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We are running Xen 3 on Debian and have 4 guests running. www, sql, ns1 and mail.

I am wanting to shut down mail and let the host take over the task.
I have setup postfix, imap etc on the host ready to take over.
I halted mail and added an interface alias to the host with the ip and netmask of mail.

But I am unable to ping/ssh to the interface alias out side of the host or other other guests.
This is the /etc/network/interfaces of the host
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.180
        netmask 255.255.255.240
        gateway 192.168.1.179

auto eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
        address 192.168.1.181
        netmask 255.255.255.0

We can use from 180 to 190 in the address range. If I setup the alias with 188 I can ping and ssh without issue.

So even though the mail guess is shutdown in traffic still routed to it some how?

Any help would be appreciated.

--

Thanks
Corey Sewell