Re: [Xen-users] Rebased patch set xen-patches-2.6.32-1.tar.bz2

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM, listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you already have a patch please forward it.

It simply disables a call for check_tsc_unstable() on intel.c, which
enables 2.6.32.11 with xen patches to build cleanly. I'm testing this
kernel right now on top of RHEL5 + Gitco's Xen 4.0. Seems to work fine
so far, with small caveats:
- kernel config needs to be adjusted to use CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y,
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y. Necessary since RHEL5 uses older udev
version (095).
- boot seems to take longer, due to /lib/udev/rename_device using 100%
CPU load. Not really sure why

The good news:
- blktap2 works
- due to enhanced fuse support in newer kernels, zfs-fuse can be used
with blktap2.

>  I am thinking about
>  retrying 2.6.32 on the latest possible patchset to see if I have the same
> keyboard repeat issue.

what keyboard repeat issue? I'm accessing the server using ILO serial
and graphic console, no such issue so far.

--
Fajar